Japanese page is here
CREST Image, the real time, multi-function image processor
- Macintosh with PowerPC (>250MHz recommended)
- PCI-bus and LG-3 for realtime calculation
The realtime functions are available in the "MultiRoiCapture" mode
(/RealtimeY/MultiRoiCapture). You can capture images from 50 Rois (region of
interest) and calculate centroid, intensity et al... simultaneously.
Menubar is on the right side of the capture screen.
Known problems in the realtime analysis.
- NewRoi: make a new roi. Grab the roi and move it with mouse.
Active roi is drawn with double-line. Any roi can be activated by
clicking. Size is changed by grabbing the right/bottom corner.
- KillRoi: Delete an active Roi.
- Option : Setting for realtime measurements/captures.
Number of frames : up to 167000
Capture : save image files and results of calculations in
files with the same name except for extention (*.tif, *.txt).
The program records the time each frame captured in microseconds precision.
- Lowth : Toggle lower threshold on/off for centroid calculation.
- Up/Down: Change lower threshold level.
- Size : Change width and height of all Roi. You can hold size by
activating "HoldSize" mode.
- Movie : Clicking "Movie" button makes it ready for captures/meausrements.
Captures/Measurements start by clicking and stop by
- Captureing tends to fail with more than 300x300-pixels Roi.
- Bad mouse response. You need to hold click more than 1 frame (30ms).
Stack analysis (StackY menu)
- Centroid calculation(StackY/calc/centroid), average
intensity (StackY/calc/average), average intensity of 4
maximum pixels (StackY/calc/Max4), anisotropy (StackY/calc/anisotropy).
- Up to 50 ROIs can be used in the "multiRoi" mode
(StackY/multiRoi or command-B).
XY-coordinates of spots obtained by
Particle analyzer (/Stacks/ParticleAnalyzer: find spots automatically) can be imported.
All functions available in this mode is written in "RoiInfo" window on
the right/bottom corner of your screen.
- Jump to a given frame (StackY/JumpToSlice or command-J).
- Read uncompressed AVI, Hamamtsu
photonics Image format (File/Open).
Manual and other documentations by Dr. K.Shimaukuro (in Japanese)
source (compressed with LZH)
Crest Image 162-105¡Êmac-binary)
2001.12.10 Fixed a bunch of bugs related to JumpToSlice in YStack menu.
A lot :-)
Please report if you find bugs.